What is the antonym of “attenuable”?
The antonym of attenuable is unattenuable and invincible. The antonyms unattenuable and invincible convey a sense of strength or inability to be weakened or reduced.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unable to be weakened or reduced in intensity, force, or value.
The love between the couple was so strong that it was unattenuable even after years of being apart.
Incapable of being defeated or overcome; unconquerable.
The army felt invincible after winning several battles in a row.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unattenuable describes something that cannot be weakened or reduced, while attenuable describes something that can be weakened or reduced.
- 2Invincible describes something that cannot be defeated or overcome, while attenuable describes something that can be weakened or reduced.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the strength or weakness of arguments or evidence.
- 2Sports: Use invincible to describe a team or player that is unbeatable.
- 3Engineering: Use unattenuable to describe materials that cannot be weakened or reduced under certain conditions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unattenuable conveys something that cannot be weakened or reduced, while invincible conveys something that cannot be defeated or overcome. Use these words in academic writing, sports, and engineering to describe the strength or weakness of arguments, teams, players, or materials.