What is the antonym of “belligerent”?
The antonyms of belligerent are friendly and peaceful. The antonyms friendly and peaceful convey a positive or amicable emotional state. It implies a lack of aggression, hostility, or conflict.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Kind and pleasant; showing goodwill and warmth towards others.
The new neighbors were very friendly and invited us over for dinner.
Free from disturbance or conflict; calm and tranquil.
The park was so peaceful that it felt like an oasis in the middle of the city.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Friendly describes a person who is kind and pleasant towards others.
- 2Peaceful describes a situation or environment that is free from disturbance or conflict.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use friendly and peaceful to describe positive situations or people.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding and respect for different perspectives.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and evoke emotions in readers.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Friendly describes a person who is kind and pleasant, while peaceful describes a situation or environment that is free from disturbance or conflict. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and evoking emotions in readers.