Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Gradually becoming less in quantity, importance, or quality.
The company's sales have been declining for the past few years.
Experiencing a lack of success or effectiveness.
The restaurant was failing due to poor management and low customer satisfaction.
Experiencing difficulty or hardship in achieving something.
The small business was struggling to compete with larger companies in the industry.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Declining refers to a gradual decrease in quantity, importance, or quality.
- 2Failing implies a lack of success or effectiveness.
- 3Struggling describes difficulty or hardship in achieving something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe the state of a company or industry.
- 2News: Incorporate these antonyms in news articles to describe the state of the economy or businesses.
- 3Conversation: Use these antonyms to describe personal or professional challenges.
The antonyms of booming describe a state of economic or business activity that is not doing well. Declining refers to a gradual decrease, failing implies a lack of success, and struggling describes difficulty or hardship. Use these words to describe the state of a company or industry, in news articles, or to describe personal or professional challenges.