What is the antonym of “brawny”?
The antonyms of brawny are weak, frail, and delicate. These words describe the opposite of strength, power, or robustness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking physical or mental strength; feeble.
He was too weak to lift the heavy box by himself.
Easily broken or damaged; delicate; weak.
The old man's frail body could not withstand the harsh winter weather.
Easily broken or damaged; fragile; requiring careful handling.
The delicate vase was passed down from generation to generation as a family heirloom.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Weak implies a lack of physical or mental strength, while brawny suggests the opposite.
- 2Frail describes something that is easily broken or damaged, while brawny implies strength and durability.
- 3Delicate refers to something that requires careful handling, while brawny suggests toughness and resilience.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Strength: Use brawny to describe someone who is strong and muscular.
- 2Health and Fitness: Use weak to describe someone who lacks physical strength or endurance.
- 3Fragility: Use frail and delicate to describe objects or people that are easily broken or damaged.
The antonyms of brawny are weak, frail, and delicate. Use brawny to describe physical strength and toughness, while weak, frail, and delicate describe the opposite. Use these words to describe people, objects, or situations that require strength, durability, or careful handling.