What is the antonym of “chain”?
The antonyms of chain are unfasten and loose. The antonyms unfasten and loose convey the opposite meaning of chain, which is to release from a fixed position or to make something less tight.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To release or undo a fastening or attachment.
He had to unfasten his seatbelt before he could get out of the car.
Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; able to move freely.
The screws were loose and needed tightening.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfasten is a verb that means to release or undo a fastening or attachment.
- 2Loose is an adjective that describes something that is not firmly or tightly fixed in place.
Good things to know
- 1Everyday Conversation: Use unfasten and loose in everyday conversations to describe the opposite of chain.
- 2Instructional Writing: Use unfasten and loose in instructional writing to provide clear and concise directions.
- 3Creative Writing: Use unfasten and loose in creative writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
The antonyms of chain are unfasten and loose. Use unfasten to describe the act of releasing or undoing a fastening or attachment, and use loose to describe something that is not firmly or tightly fixed in place. These words can be used in everyday conversations, instructional writing, and creative writing to provide clear and concise directions, create vivid descriptions, and engage readers.