What is the antonym of “chargeless”?
The antonyms of chargeless are expensive, chargeable, and costly. These words convey the opposite meaning of chargeless, which means without cost or free of charge.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Costing a lot of money; having a high price.
The designer dress was too expensive for her budget.
Requiring payment; able to be charged or billed.
The hotel room was chargeable to her credit card.
Involving a high expense or sacrifice; expensive.
The company's decision to expand overseas was costly but profitable in the long run.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Expensive refers to something that has a high price tag, while chargeless means free of charge.
- 2Chargeable is used to describe something that requires payment, while chargeless means no payment is required.
- 3Costly refers to something that involves a high expense or sacrifice, while chargeless means no cost at all.
Good things to know
- 1Shopping: Use expensive when comparing prices of products or services.
- 2Billing: Use chargeable when referring to items that require payment.
- 3Budgeting: Use costly when discussing expenses that require a significant amount of money.
- 4Negotiation: Use chargeless to indicate that something is free of charge.