Definitions and Examples of warmth, heat
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being warm in temperature.
She felt the warmth of the sun on her face as she lay on the beach.
The quality or state of being hot; high temperature.
The heat of the summer sun was almost unbearable.
Key Differences: warmth vs heat
- 1Warmth refers to a comfortable temperature that is not too hot or cold.
- 2Heat refers to a high temperature that can be uncomfortable or even dangerous.
Effective Usage of warmth, heat
- 1Weather: Use chillness and warmth to describe the temperature.
- 2Cooking: Use heat to describe the temperature required for cooking food.
- 3Emotions: Use warmth to describe a friendly or affectionate attitude towards someone.
The antonyms warmth and heat convey a sense of high temperature or warmth, which is the opposite of chillness. Use these words to describe temperature in weather and cooking, and to express emotions such as friendliness and affection.