What is the antonym of “citified”?
The antonyms of citified are rural, provincial, and unsophisticated. These antonyms describe a lack of urbanization, sophistication, or modernity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the countryside or agricultural areas, often characterized by a slower pace of life and natural beauty.
She moved from the city to a rural area to escape the noise and pollution.
Relating to a region or province, often implying a lack of sophistication or narrow-mindedness.
His provincial attitude towards other cultures made him appear ignorant and closed-minded.
Lacking refinement, culture, or worldly knowledge.
The small town's unsophisticated charm attracted tourists looking for a simpler way of life.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rural describes a lack of urbanization and a slower pace of life, while citified implies a more modern and sophisticated lifestyle.
- 2Provincial suggests a narrow-minded or unsophisticated attitude, while citified implies a more cosmopolitan and open-minded perspective.
- 3Unsophisticated describes a lack of refinement or culture, while citified implies a more cultured and worldly lifestyle.
Good things to know
- 1Travel: Use these antonyms to describe different types of destinations, such as rural or citified areas.
- 2Culture: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about cultural differences and attitudes.
- 3Lifestyle: Use these antonyms to describe different lifestyles and values.
The antonyms of citified describe a lack of urbanization, sophistication, or modernity. Rural implies a slower pace of life, provincial suggests a narrow-minded attitude, and unsophisticated describes a lack of refinement. Use these antonyms to enrich travel descriptions, cultural discussions, and lifestyle comparisons.