What is the antonym of “clumsy”?
The antonyms of clumsy are graceful, coordinated, and dexterous. These antonyms describe a person's physical ability to move with ease and precision.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving in a smooth, elegant, and controlled way.
The ballerina's performance was graceful and mesmerizing.
Able to move different parts of the body together smoothly and efficiently.
The gymnast's routine was flawless and coordinated.
Skillful and agile in using one's hands or body.
The chef's dexterous hands made cooking seem effortless.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Graceful emphasizes elegance and smoothness in movement.
- 2Coordinated emphasizes efficiency and synchronization of different body parts.
- 3Dexterous emphasizes skill and agility in using one's hands or body.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Descriptions: Use these antonyms to describe people's physical abilities.
- 2Sports and Activities: Use these antonyms to describe athletes' performances or people's skills in certain activities.
- 3Compliments: Use these antonyms to compliment someone's physical abilities or skills.
The antonyms of clumsy describe a person's physical ability to move with ease and precision. Graceful emphasizes elegance, coordinated emphasizes efficiency, and dexterous emphasizes skill. Use these antonyms to describe people's physical abilities, sports and activities, or to compliment someone's skills.