What is the antonym of “cohort”?
The antonyms of cohort are individual and lone wolf. The antonyms individual and lone wolf convey a sense of independence and self-reliance, while cohort refers to a group of people who share a common characteristic or experience.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A single person or thing, considered separately from a larger group or set.
She preferred to work alone as an individual rather than in a team.
A person who prefers to act or be alone, rather than with others; a solitary individual.
He was known as a lone wolf who preferred to work independently rather than in a group.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Individual refers to a single person or thing, considered separately from a larger group or set.
- 2Lone wolf refers to a person who prefers to act or be alone, rather than with others.
- 3Cohort refers to a group of people who share a common characteristic or experience.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use cohort to describe a group of people in research studies.
- 2Social Situations: Use individual and lone wolf to describe someone's personality or behavior in social situations.
- 3Business Settings: Use cohort to refer to a group of employees or customers with similar characteristics or experiences.