What is the antonym of “costlier”?
The antonym of costlier is cheaper and more affordable. The antonyms cheaper and more affordable convey a lower price or cost. It implies that something is less expensive than another.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Costing less money than something else.
The store brand is cheaper than the name brand.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cheaper is a general term that describes something that costs less than another.
- 2More affordable is a more specific term that describes something that can be purchased or obtained at a reasonable price.
Good things to know
- 1Shopping: Use cheaper and more affordable when comparing prices of products.
- 2Budgeting: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to discuss financial planning and budgeting.
- 3Negotiating: Utilize these antonyms in negotiations to discuss pricing and costs.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cheaper conveys a general sense of costing less, while more affordable specifically refers to something that can be purchased or obtained at a reasonable price. Use these words when shopping, budgeting, and negotiating to discuss pricing and costs.