What is the antonym of “dearer”?
The antonym of dearer is cheaper, less valuable, and less cherished. The antonyms cheaper, less valuable, and less cherished convey a negative or lower value.
See all the antonyms of “dearer”
- less beloved
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Costing less money than something else.
I found a cheaper option for the same product online.
The antique vase was less valuable than the painting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cheaper refers to the cost of an item, while less valuable refers to the worth or usefulness of an item.
- 2Less cherished refers to the level of affection or regard for an item, while dearer refers to the high value placed on an item.
Good things to know
- 1Shopping: Use cheaper to compare prices and find better deals.
- 2Valuation: Use less valuable to describe items that are not worth as much as others.
- 3Emotions: Use less cherished to describe items that are not as important or beloved as others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cheaper refers to cost, less valuable refers to worth, and less cherished refers to affection. Use these words when shopping, valuing items, or describing emotions.