What is the antonym of “deleterious”?
The antonyms of deleterious are beneficial and advantageous. The antonyms beneficial and advantageous convey a positive or helpful effect. It implies something that is advantageous, favorable, or helpful.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Producing good or helpful results; having a positive effect.
Eating fruits and vegetables is beneficial for your health.
Providing an advantage or benefit; favorable.
Having a degree in computer science can be advantageous when applying for IT jobs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Beneficial refers to something that produces good or helpful results.
- 2Advantageous refers to something that provides an advantage or benefit.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use beneficial and advantageous to describe the positive effects of a phenomenon or intervention.
- 2Job Interviews: Use beneficial and advantageous to describe how your skills and experience can benefit the company.
- 3Daily Conversation: Use these antonyms to express positive outcomes or benefits of a situation or decision.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Beneficial refers to something that produces good or helpful results, while advantageous refers to something that provides an advantage or benefit. Use these words in academic writing, job interviews, and daily conversations to express positive outcomes or benefits of a situation or decision.