What is the antonym of “demolishing”?
The antonyms of demolishing are building, constructing, and erecting. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of destroying or tearing down something. They imply creating, constructing, or building something new.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A structure with walls and a roof, such as a house, school, or office building.
The building was designed by a famous architect and has won several awards for its innovative design.
The company is building a new factory in the outskirts of the city.
To build or create something, usually a structure or object.
The workers are constructing a new bridge over the river to ease traffic congestion.
He spent months constructing a model airplane from scratch.
To build or construct something, especially a large or complex structure.
The company is erecting a new skyscraper in the heart of the city.
He is erecting a new business venture that he hopes will be successful.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Building refers to a physical structure with walls and a roof, while constructing and erecting are more general terms that can refer to any type of creation or establishment.
- 2Constructing implies a systematic process of putting together various parts or components to form a whole, while erecting implies a more straightforward process of building or constructing something.
- 3Erecting can also refer to setting up or establishing something, such as a business or organization, while building and constructing do not have this connotation.
Good things to know
- 1Construction Industry: Use these antonyms to describe different stages of construction projects.
- 2Real Estate: Use these antonyms to describe different types of properties, such as buildings, houses, and apartments.
- 3Business: Use these antonyms to describe the process of starting or establishing a new business or organization.
The antonyms of demolishing are building, constructing, and erecting. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of destroying or tearing down something. Use them to describe different stages of construction projects, different types of properties, or the process of starting a new business or organization.