What is the antonym of “desired”?
The antonyms of desired are undesirable, unwanted, and unappealing. These words convey a negative connotation and imply that something is not wanted or not pleasing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not wanted or welcome because it is unpleasant or harmful.
The company had to lay off some employees due to undesirable economic conditions.
Not desired or needed; not wanted or welcome.
She received many unwanted emails from unknown senders.
Not attractive or interesting; not appealing.
The dish looked unappealing and tasted bland.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undesirable implies that something is unpleasant or harmful.
- 2Unwanted implies that something is not needed or not wanted.
- 3Unappealing implies that something is not attractive or interesting.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Negotiations: Use these antonyms in negotiations to express what you don't want.
- 3Product Reviews: Use these antonyms in product reviews to describe what you don't like about a product.
The antonyms of desired are undesirable, unwanted, and unappealing. These words convey a negative connotation and imply that something is not wanted or not pleasing. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, express what you don't want in negotiations, and describe what you don't like in product reviews.