The Opposite(Antonym) of “despisable”
The antonyms of despisable are admirable, commendable, and respectable. These words convey a positive or praiseworthy quality. They imply that something or someone is worthy of admiration, respect, or praise.
Definitions and Examples of admirable, commendable, respectable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of respect, approval, or admiration; excellent.
Her dedication to her work is truly admirable.
Worthy of praise or approval; laudable.
His efforts to help the community are commendable.
Considered to be socially acceptable or decent; having a good reputation.
He comes from a respectable family with a long history of community service.
Key Differences: admirable vs commendable vs respectable
- 1Admirable implies excellence and deserving of respect and admiration.
- 2Commendable implies worthy of praise and approval.
- 3Respectable implies socially acceptable and having a good reputation.
Effective Usage of admirable, commendable, respectable
- 1Express Approval: Use admirable, commendable, and respectable to express approval and admiration.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage positive behavior.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive tone and convey a sense of excellence and worthiness.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Admirable conveys excellence and deserving of respect and admiration, commendable implies worthy of praise and approval, and respectable implies socially acceptable and having a good reputation. Use these words to express approval, encourage positive behavior, and enrich writing by creating a positive tone and conveying a sense of excellence and worthiness.