What is the antonym of “detectable”?
The antonym of detectable is undetectable, imperceptible, and invisible. The antonyms undetectable, imperceptible, and invisible convey the idea of something that cannot be seen, heard, or felt. It implies that it is not possible to detect or perceive something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Impossible to detect or discover.
The virus was undetectable in his blood test.
Too slight, subtle, or gradual to be perceived by the senses or the mind.
The change in temperature was so imperceptible that no one noticed it.
Unable to be seen; not visible to the eye.
The bacteria are invisible to the naked eye.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undetectable refers to something that cannot be detected or discovered.
- 2Imperceptible refers to something that is too slight or subtle to be perceived by the senses or the mind.
- 3Invisible refers to something that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe scientific phenomena that cannot be detected or seen.
- 2Medicine: Use these antonyms to describe medical conditions that are difficult to detect or diagnose.
- 3Technology: Use these antonyms to describe technological advancements that are invisible or imperceptible.