What is the antonym of “detriment”?
The antonyms of detriment are benefit, advantage, and gain. These words convey a positive outcome or result, unlike detriment, which implies harm or damage.
See all the antonyms of “detriment”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
An advantage or profit gained from something.
The new policy will benefit both the employees and the company.
A condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.
Having a college degree gives you an advantage in the job market.
An increase or improvement in something, such as wealth, knowledge, or skills.
He made a significant gain in his stock portfolio this year.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Benefit refers to an advantage or profit gained from something.
- 2Advantage denotes a favorable or superior position.
- 3Gain implies an increase or improvement in something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use benefit, advantage, and gain to describe positive outcomes or results in business contexts.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to express positive effects or improvements.
- 3Daily Life: Utilize these words in everyday conversations to describe positive experiences or situations.
The antonyms benefit, advantage, and gain convey positive outcomes or results, unlike detriment, which implies harm or damage. Use these words in business, education, and daily life contexts to describe positive experiences, outcomes, or situations.