What is the antonym of “dexterous”?
The antonyms of dexterous are clumsy, awkward, and unskilled. These words describe a lack of skill or coordination in performing physical tasks.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking grace or skill in movement or handling objects.
He was so clumsy that he kept dropping the plates while washing them.
Lacking ease or grace in movement or behavior; causing embarrassment or inconvenience.
She felt awkward at the party because she didn't know anyone there.
Lacking the necessary knowledge or ability to perform a task effectively.
He was unskilled in carpentry, so he hired a professional to fix his cabinets.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clumsy refers to a lack of coordination or grace in movement or handling objects.
- 2Awkward describes a lack of ease or grace in movement or behavior, often causing embarrassment or inconvenience.
- 3Unskilled refers to a lack of knowledge or ability to perform a task effectively.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Abilities: Use these antonyms to describe someone's physical abilities or limitations.
- 2Giving Feedback: Use these antonyms to give feedback on someone's performance or behavior.
- 3Comparing Skills: Use these antonyms to compare the skills of different people or groups.