What is the antonym of “disassemble”?
The antonyms of disassemble are assemble, construct, and build. These words convey the opposite meaning of taking something apart or breaking it down into its component parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To put together the parts of something to create a whole.
We need to assemble the furniture before we can use it.
To build or create something by putting parts or materials together.
The workers will construct a new building on this site.
To make something by putting materials together in a systematic way.
He plans to build a treehouse in his backyard.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Assemble is used when putting together parts to create a whole, often referring to mechanical or electronic devices.
- 2Construct is used when building something from scratch, often referring to buildings or other structures.
- 3Build is used when creating something by putting materials together, often referring to physical objects like furniture or toys.
Good things to know
- 1DIY Projects: Use these antonyms to describe the process of building or taking apart things.
- 2Technical Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in technical writing to explain assembly or construction processes.
- 3Engineering: Use these antonyms to describe the process of building or taking apart machines or other complex systems.
The antonyms assemble, construct, and build convey the opposite meaning of taking something apart or breaking it down into its component parts. Use these words to describe the process of building or taking apart things, in technical writing, or in engineering contexts.