What is the antonym of “discoursive”?
The antonyms of discoursive are concise and succinct. The antonyms concise and succinct convey a sense of brevity and clarity. It implies that something is expressed in a few words without unnecessary elaboration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.
The professor's lecture was concise and to the point, covering all the important topics in just an hour.
Briefly and clearly expressed.
The CEO's succinct speech at the annual meeting outlined the company's achievements and future plans in just a few minutes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Concise implies that something is expressed in a few words but still covers all the necessary information.
- 2Succinct suggests that something is expressed briefly and clearly without any unnecessary details.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use concise and succinct to make your writing more clear and effective.
- 2Speaking: Use concise and succinct to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively in conversations and presentations.
- 3Studying: Use concise and succinct to summarize important information and make it easier to remember.