What is the antonym of “duo”?
The antonym of duo is solo and ensemble. The antonyms solo and ensemble convey a different number of performers or musicians.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A musical composition or performance by a single musician or performer.
She played a beautiful solo on the piano during the concert.
A group of musicians, actors, or dancers who perform together.
The ensemble of the play worked well together and delivered a fantastic performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Solo refers to a single performer or musician.
- 2Ensemble refers to a group of performers or musicians.
Good things to know
- 1Music: Use duo, solo, and ensemble to describe the number of performers in a musical piece.
- 2Theater: Use ensemble to refer to a group of actors or dancers performing together.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions of musical performances or theater productions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Solo refers to a single performer, while ensemble refers to a group of performers. Use these words to describe the number of performers in music or theater, or to create vivid descriptions in writing.