What is the antonym of “economicalness”?
The antonyms of economicalness are extravagance and wastefulness. The antonyms extravagance and wastefulness convey a negative connotation of spending too much money or resources.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Excessive or unnecessary expenditure of money or resources.
She was criticized for her extravagance in buying designer clothes and expensive jewelry.
The quality of using or spending resources carelessly or excessively.
The company's wastefulness in using paper led to a significant increase in expenses.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Extravagance refers to excessive or unnecessary expenditure of money or resources, often with a negative connotation.
- 2Wastefulness refers to the careless or excessive use of resources, often leading to inefficiency or increased expenses.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Finance: Use these antonyms to describe different spending habits and financial behaviors.
- 2Environmentalism: Incorporate these antonyms to discuss the importance of resource conservation and sustainability.
- 3Business Management: Utilize these antonyms to analyze the impact of spending decisions on profitability and efficiency.
The antonyms of economicalness are extravagance and wastefulness. These words have a negative connotation and refer to excessive or careless spending of money or resources. Use them to discuss personal finance, environmentalism, and business management.