What is the antonym of “exclude”?
The antonym of exclude is include, admit, and accept. The antonyms include, admit, and accept convey the opposite meaning of exclude. They imply that something or someone is allowed to enter, participate, or be part of a group or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make someone or something part of a group or set.
The package should include all the necessary documents for the application process.
To allow someone or something to enter or be part of a place, event, or group.
The museum does not admit visitors after 5 pm.
To agree to take or receive something or someone.
The company will accept applications until the end of the month.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Include implies that something or someone is part of a group or set.
- 2Admit implies that something or someone is allowed to enter or be part of a place, event, or group.
- 3Accept implies that something or someone is agreed to be taken or received.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to create contrast and variety in your writing.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to clarify meanings and express ideas effectively.
- 3Academic: Expand your vocabulary by learning and using these antonyms in academic contexts.
The antonyms include, admit, and accept convey the opposite meaning of exclude. Use these words to enhance your writing, clarify meanings in conversations, and expand your academic vocabulary.