What is the antonym of “exiguous”?
The antonyms of exiguous are abundant, plentiful, and copious. These words describe a large amount or quantity of something, in contrast to the small or insufficient amount implied by exiguous.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Existing or available in large quantities; plentiful.
The garden was filled with abundant flowers and lush greenery.
Existing or available in large quantities; abundant.
The buffet had a plentiful supply of food and drinks for everyone.
Abundant in supply or quantity.
The writer had a copious amount of notes and research materials for his book.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Abundant implies a large amount or quantity of something that is readily available.
- 2Plentiful suggests an ample supply of something that is more than enough to meet one's needs.
- 3Copious describes a profuse or extensive amount of something that may be overwhelming or excessive.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the amount of resources, data, or information in research papers, essays, or articles.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express the abundance or scarcity of something.
- 3Reading: Recognize these antonyms in texts to understand the author's intended meaning and tone.