What is the antonym of “foundered”?
The antonyms of foundered are succeed, thrive, and prosper. These antonyms convey a positive outcome or result. They imply that someone or something is doing well, thriving, or achieving success.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To achieve a desired aim or result; to accomplish something planned or attempted.
If you work hard and stay focused, you will succeed in achieving your goals.
To grow or develop vigorously; to prosper or flourish.
The plants in the garden thrive in the warm sunshine and fertile soil.
To be successful or fortunate, especially financially; to thrive or flourish.
The company continues to prosper despite the economic downturn.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed implies achieving a specific goal or objective.
- 2Thrive suggests growth and development, often in a natural or organic way.
- 3Prosper refers to financial success or flourishing in general.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage: Use succeed, thrive, and prosper to motivate and inspire others.
- 2Celebrate: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to acknowledge achievements and successes.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create positive and uplifting stories.