What is the antonym of “frigiferous”?
The word frigiferous means producing cold or having a cooling effect. The antonyms of frigiferous are hot and warm, which convey the opposite meaning of producing heat or warmth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a high temperature; producing heat.
The sun was so hot that we had to seek shelter under a tree.
Having a moderate degree of heat; slightly hot.
She wrapped herself in a warm blanket to keep herself cozy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hot refers to a high temperature that can cause discomfort or even harm.
- 2Warm refers to a moderate temperature that is comfortable and pleasant.
Good things to know
- 1Weather: Use hot and warm to describe the temperature of the weather.
- 2Food and Drinks: Use hot and warm to describe the temperature of food and drinks.
- 3Feelings: Use hot and warm to describe emotions such as anger or affection.