What is the antonym of “fructified”?
The antonyms of fructified are unfruitful, barren, and infertile. These words describe the opposite of a successful outcome or a productive result.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not producing fruit or any positive result.
Despite his best efforts, the project remained unfruitful and did not yield any significant results.
Unable to produce offspring or fruit; lacking in productivity or creativity.
The desert was barren and devoid of any vegetation or signs of life.
Incapable of producing offspring or crops; not fertile.
The soil was too dry and infertile to grow any plants or vegetables.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfruitful describes a lack of positive results or outcomes.
- 2Barren describes a lack of productivity or creativity.
- 3Infertile describes a lack of fertility or the inability to produce offspring or crops.
Good things to know
- 1Agriculture: Use barren and infertile to describe land that is unable to produce crops or vegetation.
- 2Business: Use unfruitful to describe a project or venture that has not yielded any positive results.
- 3Science: Use these antonyms to describe experiments or research that did not produce the desired outcome.
The antonyms of fructified describe a lack of productivity, creativity, or positive results. Use unfruitful to describe a project that did not yield any positive results, barren to describe land that is unable to produce crops or vegetation, and infertile to describe the inability to produce offspring or crops.