What is the antonym of “gutty”?
The antonyms of gutty are cowardly, fearful, and timid. These antonyms describe a lack of courage or bravery.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking courage or bravery; easily frightened.
He was too cowardly to confront the bully and instead chose to run away.
Feeling afraid or anxious about something; lacking confidence or courage.
She was fearful of heights and refused to go on the roller coaster.
Lacking self-confidence or courage; shy or easily intimidated.
The timid kitten hid under the bed whenever someone entered the room.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cowardly implies a lack of courage or bravery in the face of danger or difficulty.
- 2Fearful describes a feeling of anxiety or apprehension about something.
- 3Timid suggests a lack of self-confidence or assertiveness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more nuanced characters and descriptions.
- 3Develop Confidence: Use these antonyms to identify and overcome feelings of fear or self-doubt.
The antonyms of gutty describe a lack of courage or bravery. Cowardly implies a lack of courage in the face of danger, fearful describes a feeling of anxiety, and timid suggests a lack of self-confidence. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and develop confidence.