What is the antonym of “harmonial”?
The antonyms of harmonial are discordant and incompatible. The antonyms discordant and incompatible convey a lack of agreement or consistency. It implies a lack of harmony, unity, or synchronization.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking harmony or agreement; conflicting or clashing.
The band's performance was discordant, with each member playing a different tune.
Not able to coexist or work together harmoniously; conflicting or unsuitable.
Their personalities were incompatible, and they often argued over trivial matters.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Discordant describes a lack of harmony or agreement, often in music or sounds.
- 2Incompatible describes things that cannot coexist or work together harmoniously, often in relationships or systems.
Good things to know
- 1Music: Use discordant to describe music or sounds that lack harmony or agreement.
- 2Relationships: Use incompatible to describe people or things that cannot coexist or work together harmoniously.
- 3Systems: Use incompatible to describe elements of a system that do not work together effectively.