What is the antonym of “heterochronic”?
The antonyms of heterochronic are synchronous and simultaneous. The antonyms synchronous and simultaneous convey a sense of events happening at the same time or in coordination with each other.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Occurring at the same time; happening simultaneously.
The dancers moved in synchronous steps, creating a mesmerizing performance.
Happening or existing at the same time.
The two teams scored simultaneous goals, causing a tie in the match.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Synchronous implies events happening at the same time, often in coordination with each other.
- 2Simultaneous suggests events happening at the same time, without necessarily being coordinated with each other.
- 3Heterochronic refers to events happening at different times.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms in scientific contexts to describe the timing of events.
- 2Technology: Incorporate these antonyms in technology-related discussions to explain the synchronization of processes.
- 3Arts: Utilize these antonyms in artistic contexts to describe the coordination of movements or sounds.