What is the antonym of “impinged”?
The antonyms of impinged are avoid, shun, and evade. These words convey the idea of staying away from something or someone, rather than coming into contact with them.
See all the antonyms of “impinged”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep away from; to prevent from happening.
She tried to avoid him at the party because she didn't want to talk to him.
To deliberately avoid or stay away from someone or something.
He decided to shun his old friends after they betrayed him.
To escape or avoid something, especially by using cleverness or trickery.
He managed to evade the police by hiding in a nearby alley.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Avoid is a general term that means to keep away from something or someone.
- 2Shun is a more specific term that implies a deliberate decision to stay away from someone or something.
- 3Evade suggests using cleverness or trickery to escape or avoid something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use avoid, shun, and evade to express the idea of staying away from something or someone.
- 2Show Politeness: Use these antonyms to politely decline invitations or requests.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict.
The antonyms of impinged convey the idea of staying away from something or someone. Avoid is a general term, shun implies a deliberate decision, and evade suggests using cleverness or trickery. Use these words to enhance communication, show politeness, and enrich writing by creating tension and conflict.