What is the antonym of “inborn”?
The antonyms of inborn are acquired and learned. The antonyms acquired and learned refer to skills or traits that are developed over time through experience or education, rather than being present from birth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Gained or developed through effort, experience, or education.
He has an acquired taste for spicy food after living in India for several years.
Acquired knowledge or skills through study, instruction, or experience.
She has learned how to play the guitar by taking lessons for several months.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Acquired refers to skills or traits that are gained through effort or experience, while inborn refers to those that are present from birth.
- 2Learned is a more general term that refers to knowledge or skills acquired through study or experience.
Good things to know
- 1Education: Use acquired and learned to describe skills or knowledge gained through education or experience.
- 2Personal Development: Use acquired and learned to describe skills or traits that have been developed through effort or practice.
- 3Nature vs. Nurture: Use inborn to describe traits or abilities that are present from birth, and acquired or learned to describe those that are developed over time.