What is the antonym of “indexterity”?
The antonyms of indexterity are dexterity, skillfulness, and adroitness. These words describe the ability to perform tasks with ease, coordination, and precision.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Skill and ease in using the hands or body.
The juggler's dexterity was impressive as he kept multiple balls in the air at once.
The ability to do something well; expertise.
The chef's skillfulness was evident in the delicious and perfectly cooked meal.
Expertise or nimbleness in using the hands or body.
The gymnast's adroitness was on full display as she executed a flawless routine.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dexterity emphasizes the physical aspect of performing tasks with ease and coordination.
- 2Skillfulness emphasizes the ability to do something well through practice and experience.
- 3Adroitness emphasizes the nimbleness and expertise in using the hands or body.
Good things to know
- 1Job Interviews: Use these antonyms to describe your abilities and strengths in a job interview.
- 2Sports: Use these antonyms to describe the skills and abilities of athletes in various sports.
- 3Creative Writing: Use these antonyms to create vivid descriptions of characters and their abilities in stories.
The antonyms of indexterity describe the ability to perform tasks with ease, coordination, and precision. Dexterity emphasizes the physical aspect, skillfulness emphasizes the ability to do something well, and adroitness emphasizes the nimbleness and expertise in using the hands or body. Use these words to describe abilities in job interviews, sports, and creative writing.