What is the antonym of “inglorious”?
The antonym of inglorious are glorious, honorable, and respectable. The antonyms glorious, honorable, and respectable convey a positive or honorable state. It implies a sense of pride, admiration, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having great beauty, splendor, or magnificence; deserving of admiration or praise.
The sunset over the ocean was truly glorious, with hues of orange, pink, and purple painting the sky.
Deserving of respect, admiration, or esteem; characterized by integrity, honesty, and fairness.
He was known for his honorable conduct in business, always treating his employees and customers with respect.
Worthy of respect, esteem, or approval; considered to be decent, proper, or socially acceptable.
She came from a respectable family and was well-educated, which made her an ideal candidate for the job.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Glorious is a term that describes something that is magnificent, beautiful, or deserving of admiration.
- 2Honorable is a term that describes someone who is respected, admired, and has integrity.
- 3Respectable is a term that describes something that is socially acceptable, decent, and proper.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use glorious, honorable, and respectable to express positive emotions effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate admiration and respect.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and compelling characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Glorious conveys magnificence, honorable denotes respect and integrity, and respectable refers to social acceptability. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and compelling characters.