What is the antonym of “jakun”?
The word jakun is a Malaysian slang that refers to someone who is uncultured or unsophisticated. The antonyms of jakun are cultured and sophisticated, which convey a more refined and polished demeanor.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing good taste, manners, and education in arts, literature, and other intellectual pursuits.
She was impressed by his cultured conversation and extensive knowledge of classical music.
Having a refined and worldly knowledge of fashion, culture, and social etiquette.
The party was full of sophisticated guests who were dressed in designer clothes and sipping champagne.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cultured implies a high level of education and appreciation for the arts and literature.
- 2Sophisticated suggests a worldly knowledge of fashion, culture, and social etiquette.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use cultured and sophisticated to describe people with refined tastes and manners.
- 2Avoid Stereotyping: Avoid using derogatory terms like jakun to describe people from different backgrounds.
- 3Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect for people's diverse backgrounds and experiences.