What is the antonym of “kindliness”?
The antonyms of kindliness are unkindness, meanness, and cruelty. These words convey a negative attitude towards others, implying a lack of compassion, generosity, or benevolence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of kindness or consideration towards others.
Her unkindness towards her coworkers made it difficult for them to work together.
Behavior that is unkind, petty, or malicious.
His meanness towards his little sister was a cause of concern for his parents.
Behavior that causes pain, suffering, or harm to others.
Animal cruelty is a serious issue that needs to be addressed by society.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unkindness refers to a lack of kindness or consideration towards others.
- 2Meanness implies behavior that is unkind, petty, or malicious.
- 3Cruelty denotes behavior that causes pain, suffering, or harm to others.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to express negative attitudes towards others effectively.
- 2Develop Empathy: Incorporate these words in conversations to demonstrate understanding of others' feelings.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create complex characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms of kindliness are unkindness, meanness, and cruelty. These words convey negative attitudes towards others, ranging from a lack of kindness to behavior that causes pain and suffering. Use these words to improve communication, develop empathy, and enrich writing by creating complex characters and compelling stories.