What is the antonym of “leaned”?
The antonyms of leaned are straighten, upright, and stand. These antonyms describe a different posture or position than leaning, which implies a slanted or tilted position.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something straight or upright.
She asked him to straighten his tie before the interview.
Vertical or erect; not leaning or slanting.
The bookshelf was upright against the wall.
To be in an upright position on one's feet.
He had to stand for hours during the concert.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Straighten refers to making something straight or correcting its alignment.
- 2Upright describes a vertical or erect position that is not leaning or slanting.
- 3Stand means being in an upright position on one's feet.
Good things to know
- 1Posture Correction: Use straighten to correct the alignment of objects or body parts.
- 2Position Description: Use upright to describe the position of objects or people that are not leaning or slanting.
- 3Physical Activity: Use stand to describe the action of being in an upright position on one's feet.
The antonyms of leaned are straighten, upright, and stand. These words describe different postures or positions than leaning. Use these antonyms to correct alignment, describe positions, and talk about physical activities.