What is the antonym of “likeminded”?
The antonym of likeminded are different, unlike, and incompatible. These words describe people or things that are not similar in their opinions, beliefs, or characteristics.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality.
The two sisters have very different personalities and interests.
Not similar to; different from.
The new restaurant was unlike any other place they had been to before.
Not able to coexist or work together harmoniously.
Their personalities were so incompatible that they could never agree on anything.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Different is a general term that describes things that are not the same.
- 2Unlike is a preposition that describes things that are different from each other.
- 3Incompatible is an adjective that describes things that cannot work together.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express differences in opinions or beliefs.
- 2Describe People: Use these antonyms to describe people who have contrasting personalities or characteristics.
- 3Compare and Contrast: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different things or ideas.
The antonyms of likeminded are different, unlike, and incompatible. These words describe things that are not similar in their opinions, beliefs, or characteristics. Use these antonyms to express differences in opinions, describe people with contrasting personalities, or compare and contrast different things or ideas.