What is the antonym of “lollopy”?
The word lollopy means moving in an awkward, ungraceful way. The antonyms of lollopy are graceful, elegant, and nimble. These words describe movements that are smooth, refined, and agile.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving in a smooth, elegant, and attractive way.
The ballerina's performance was so graceful that it left the audience in awe.
Moving in a graceful and stylish way; having a refined and tasteful appearance.
The model walked down the runway with elegant strides, showcasing the designer's latest collection.
Moving quickly and lightly with ease and agility.
The gymnast's routine required her to be nimble and flexible, executing each move with precision.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Graceful emphasizes the beauty and attractiveness of movement.
- 2Elegant emphasizes the refinement and tastefulness of movement.
- 3Nimble emphasizes the speed and agility of movement.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Movement: Use these antonyms to describe how people or animals move.
- 2Complimenting: Use graceful and elegant to compliment someone's movements or appearance.
- 3Sports and Fitness: Use nimble to describe athletes who require agility and quick movements.
The antonyms of lollopy are graceful, elegant, and nimble. These words describe movements that are smooth, refined, and agile. Use these antonyms to describe movement, compliment someone's movements or appearance, and describe athletes who require agility and quick movements.