What is the antonym of “lurched”?
The antonyms of lurched are balanced, steady, and smooth. The antonyms balanced, steady, and smooth convey a sense of stability, control, and consistency. It implies a lack of sudden movements or jerks.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Being in a state of equilibrium; not tilted or leaning to one side.
The gymnast demonstrated her impressive skills by performing a perfectly balanced routine.
Not moving or shaking; firmly fixed in place.
She took a deep breath to calm herself and tried to keep her voice steady during the presentation.
Having an even and regular surface or texture; free from bumps or roughness.
The ride was so smooth that she almost fell asleep in the car.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Balanced refers to a state of equilibrium and stability.
- 2Steady implies a firm and unwavering position or movement.
- 3Smooth describes a surface or texture that is even and free from bumps or roughness.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Activities: Use balanced to describe a stable position or posture.
- 2Emotional States: Use steady to describe a calm and composed emotional state.
- 3Textures and Surfaces: Use smooth to describe a surface or texture that is even and free from bumps or roughness.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Balanced conveys a sense of equilibrium and stability, steady implies a firm and unwavering position or movement, and smooth describes a surface or texture that is even and free from bumps or roughness. Use these words to describe physical activities, emotional states, textures, and surfaces.