What is the antonym of “mignonne”?
The antonyms of mignonne are unattractive and ugly. These antonyms describe a lack of physical beauty or attractiveness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not pleasing or appealing to the senses, especially to the sight.
The old building was unattractive with its peeling paint and broken windows.
Unpleasant or offensive to look at; lacking beauty or charm.
The graffiti on the wall made the neighborhood look ugly and uninviting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unattractive describes something that is not pleasing to the senses, while ugly refers to something that is unpleasant or offensive to look at.
- 2Unattractive can be used to describe a person or thing, while ugly is usually used to describe a thing.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use unattractive or ugly to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Critiquing Art or Design: Use these antonyms to critique art, design, or architecture.
- 3Expressing Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express displeasure with something's appearance.
The antonyms of mignonne are unattractive and ugly. Use unattractive to describe something that is not pleasing to the senses, and ugly to describe something that is unpleasant or offensive to look at. These antonyms can be used to describe physical appearance, critique art or design, or express displeasure.