Definitions and Examples of separating, isolating
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To move or keep apart; to divide or disconnect.
The teacher was separating the students into groups for the group project.
To set apart or keep away from others; to quarantine or seclude.
After testing positive for COVID-19, he was isolating himself from his family and friends.
Key Differences: separating vs isolating
- 1Separating implies a physical distance between two or more things or people.
- 2Isolating implies a complete separation or detachment from others, often for health or safety reasons.
Effective Usage of separating, isolating
- 1Social Interaction: Use mingling to describe socializing with others.
- 2Health and Safety: Use separating and isolating to describe measures taken to prevent the spread of diseases.
- 3Relationships: Use separating to describe the end of a relationship or the need for space.
The antonyms of mingling are separating and isolating. Separating implies a physical distance, while isolating implies a complete separation. Use these words to describe social interaction, health and safety measures, and relationships.