The Opposite(Antonym) of “nondelicate”
The antonyms of nondelicate are delicate, refined, and sensitive. These antonyms describe things that are subtle, intricate, or require careful handling. They can also refer to people who are easily offended or hurt.
Definitions and Examples of delicate, refined, sensitive
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily broken, damaged, or injured; requiring careful handling.
The delicate vase was passed down from her grandmother and was worth a lot of money.
Cultured, polished, or sophisticated in taste, manners, or appearance.
The refined gentleman always dressed impeccably and spoke eloquently.
Easily hurt or offended; requiring tact, consideration, or careful handling.
She was sensitive about her weight and didn't like it when people made comments about it.
Key Differences: delicate vs refined vs sensitive
- 1Delicate refers to things that are easily broken or damaged, while refined refers to things that are sophisticated or cultured.
- 2Sensitive refers to people who are easily hurt or offended, while delicate and refined refer to things that require careful handling or are sophisticated in nature.
Effective Usage of delicate, refined, sensitive
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words into your writing to create more vivid descriptions and characters.
- 3Avoid Offending: Be mindful of using sensitive around people who may be easily hurt or offended.
The antonyms of nondelicate are delicate, refined, and sensitive. These words describe things that are subtle, intricate, or require careful handling. They can also refer to people who are easily offended or hurt. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and avoid offending others.