What is the antonym of “antipathic”?
The antonym of antipathic is sympathetic, attractive, and friendly. The antonyms sympathetic, attractive, and friendly convey a positive or agreeable emotional state. It implies a feeling of liking, kindness, or attraction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or showing concern or compassion for others' emotions or situations.
She was sympathetic to her friend's struggles and offered to help in any way she could.
Having qualities that arouse interest, pleasure, or admiration; pleasing to the senses or mind.
The new restaurant had an attractive decor and menu that drew in many customers.
Kind and pleasant in manner; showing goodwill and warmth toward others.
The neighbors were friendly and always greeted each other with a smile.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sympathetic describes a feeling of concern or compassion for others' emotions or situations.
- 2Attractive describes something that is pleasing to the senses or mind.
- 3Friendly describes a person who is kind and pleasant in manner and shows goodwill toward others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use sympathetic, attractive, and friendly to describe people or situations in a positive light.
- 2Descriptive Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging characters.
- 3Job Interviews: Use these antonyms to describe desirable traits in yourself or others during job interviews.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Sympathetic conveys concern for others, attractive denotes pleasing qualities, and friendly refers to a kind and pleasant manner. Use these words to enhance social interactions, descriptive writing, and job interviews by describing desirable traits in yourself or others.