What is the antonym of “clubfisted”?
The antonyms of clubfisted are generous and lavish. The antonyms generous and lavish convey a positive and open-handed attitude towards spending money or resources. It implies a willingness to give freely and abundantly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to give or share; unselfish.
She was generous with her time and always helped those in need.
Extravagant or excessive in giving or spending.
The wedding reception was lavish with an abundance of food, drinks, and decorations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Generous describes a person who is willing to give or share, often without expecting anything in return.
- 2Lavish describes a person who is extravagant or excessive in giving or spending, often to impress others.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use generous and lavish to express appreciation for someone's generosity.
- 2Describe Spending Habits: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe someone's spending habits.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions of characters and their personalities.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Generous describes a person who is willing to give or share, while lavish describes a person who is extravagant or excessive in giving or spending. Use these words to express gratitude, describe spending habits, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions of characters and their personalities.