What is the antonym of “dejection”?
The antonyms of dejection are elation, happiness, and joy. These antonyms convey a positive emotional state, implying a feeling of contentment, pleasure, or satisfaction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A feeling of great joy or pride; extreme happiness.
Winning the championship filled her with elation and a sense of accomplishment.
The state of being happy; feeling contentment, pleasure, or satisfaction.
Spending time with loved ones brings her happiness and a sense of fulfillment.
A feeling of great pleasure and happiness; a source of delight.
The sight of blooming flowers fills her with joy and a sense of wonder.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Elation is a strong feeling of pride and joy, often accompanied by a sense of accomplishment.
- 2Happiness is a general term that describes a state of contentment, pleasure, or satisfaction.
- 3Joy is a more intense feeling of pleasure and happiness, often associated with a specific source of delight.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use elation, happiness, and joy to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Celebrate Achievements: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- 3Spread Positivity: Utilize these antonyms in daily interactions to spread positivity and uplift others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Elation conveys a sense of pride and accomplishment, happiness denotes a general state of contentment, and joy refers to an intense feeling of pleasure and happiness. Use these words to express gratitude, celebrate achievements, and spread positivity in daily interactions.