What is the antonym of “demode”?
The antonyms of demode are modern, fashionable, and up-to-date. These antonyms describe things that are current, in style, and relevant to the present time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
The new building has a modern design with sleek lines and lots of glass.
Characterized by or conforming to the current fashion; stylish.
She always wears the latest clothes and accessories to stay fashionable.
In accordance with the latest information, knowledge, or technology.
The software needs to be kept up-to-date to ensure it runs smoothly.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Modern refers to something that is current or recent, while fashionable describes something that is stylish or trendy.
- 2Up-to-date describes something that is in accordance with the latest information, knowledge, or technology.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Discuss Trends: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about fashion, technology, and other areas where trends are important.
- 3Compare and Contrast: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different styles, designs, or technologies.
The antonyms of demode are modern, fashionable, and up-to-date. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss trends, and compare and contrast different styles, designs, or technologies.