What is the antonym of “detaching”?
The antonyms of detaching are attaching, connecting, and engaging. These words convey the opposite meaning of detaching, which is to separate or disconnect something from another thing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Joining or fastening one thing to another.
He was attaching the document to the email when he realized he had forgotten to add a crucial detail.
Joining or linking two or more things together.
The bridge was connecting the two sides of the river, making it easier for people to travel.
Involving or attracting someone's interest or attention.
The teacher was engaging her students in a lively discussion about the book they had just read.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attaching refers to physically joining or fastening one thing to another.
- 2Connecting refers to linking or joining two or more things together, often in a more abstract sense.
- 3Engaging refers to attracting someone's interest or attention, often in a social or emotional context.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different ways of relating to objects or people.
- 2Speaking: Use these antonyms to express different ideas or emotions in conversations.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of detaching are attaching, connecting, and engaging. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in various contexts to describe different ways of relating to objects or people. Learning these antonyms can help you expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.