What is the antonym of “distributing”?
The antonyms of distributing are collect, gather, and hoard. These words convey the opposite meaning of distributing, which is to bring things together instead of spreading them out.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To bring things together and keep them in one place.
She likes to collect stamps from different countries.
To come together in a group or crowd.
The family would gather around the table for dinner every night.
To accumulate and store things in large quantities.
He would hoard food in his room, which made his mom angry.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Collect implies bringing things together and keeping them in one place for a specific purpose.
- 2Gather implies coming together in a group or crowd for a common reason.
- 3Hoard implies accumulating and storing things in large quantities, often excessively.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid descriptions and avoid repetition.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms in educational settings to help students understand concepts better.
The antonyms of distributing are collect, gather, and hoard. These words have distinct meanings: Collect implies bringing things together for a specific purpose, gather implies coming together in a group or crowd, and hoard implies accumulating and storing things excessively. Use these antonyms to enhance vocabulary, improve writing, and enrich learning.